Find our new Online Shop at mbgrebloomshop.com
- For you, the customer, the navigation should be easier and more reliable
- You can choose to create an account – this will store your name, address & phone number to save some typing when you check out next. It will NOT store your payment info such as your credit card information.
- More information about groups of plants on offer – on the collections pages and in the blog
- A better Check Out system – you can still choose to pay using your Paypal account, but there is a direct link to credit/debit card payments if you prefer
- 10% Sales Tax will be added at Check Out for plants
- Look in the Non-Plants Section for Membership, Education Classes, Donations and more – sales tax is not added for these
- For MBG there is a lot more ‘behind-the-scenes’ collating of order information, so we can keep a better handle on orders, stock, payments, and notifications
What’s the Same?
- Tried and true plants that do well in the Mobile Area – and locally grown!
- Seasonal offerings at the right time to plant or display – yes, Tomatopalooza, Poinsettias, Gingers, and all the favorites will be listed!
- Pick up ONLY – look at the product descriptions for the pick up date (this will vary for each plant collection – in most cases we will NOT have the plants on site until just before the pick up date)
- 10% Discount on plants (only plants and ONLY online) for Members with the shopping code – enter at checkout
Sometimes it’s tough to get all our ducks in a row as a mainly volunteer organization with a small paid staff. After some catastrophic online failures, we implemented an ’emergency’ online store, and it has worked well – BUT our sights were always on a more integrated system, and this new store is part of the plan.
Although we have tested it before launch, there are bound to be some glitches! Please bear with us for a while – and please let us know of any problems. Email Liz at firstname.lastname@example.org. to let her know!
Glitch #1 : NOTE: If you are using SAFARI browser you may get an error message about the site’s certificate not matching. This is not something we can change – it is because the url is using the Shopify certificate, but not the Shopify extension – please be assured that it is perfectly safe, and you can tell Safari to continue to the page – this may happen for the first time you go straight to the page.