Get the best plants for your Gulf Coast garden at our largest plant sale of the year! Plant list posted 2 weeks prior to sale.
Sale Date: March 16 – 18
Friday & Saturday, 9am – 4pm
Sunday, 11am – 4pm
Ticketed Preview Party:
Thursday, March 15 from 4pm – 7pm
Catering by Georgia Roussos, Music by Keith “The Mailman” Burns
What you need to know!
Reminder – Preview Party on Thursday evening 4pm-7pm! First choice of THOUSANDS of great plants AND you can enjoy Georgia Roussos Catering & Perdido Vineyards Wines. This year we have Keith ‘The Mailman’ Burns performing. Buy your tickets online (link to catalog) or from the office or at the gate. $25/members, $30/nonmembers. Upon arrival at Preview Party, you will be given a green wristband for entrance into the venue.
Parking – Parking attendants will guide you to a parking spot in the lower field.
Shuttle service – Multi-passenger golf carts will be running throughout the Sale Days. You can ride from your parking spot to the Sale at MarketPlace, SHOP, then ride back to your car before going through the Loading lanes to pick up your plants.
Entrance to the Sale grounds will be through the open-air retail building. Free admission Friday – Sunday.
- Carts will be provided by MBG (select the size you need). If you prefer to bring your own cart, notify the parking attendant when you arrive so you can drive up & drop the cart at the sale before you park.
Plants will be arranged by categories – look for signage throughout the grounds and ask assistance from Master Gardeners and other Volunteers wearing green aprons or MBG vests/shirts. PLANT LIST
- Large Holding Area allows you to select plants and place them in Holding with your name while you return for more shopping or just to look around. Carts are a premium, so please use this Large Holding resource and help us keep enough carts available for everyone to shop.
- The Checkout process is streamlined such that you don’t have to drag your cart to the registers! When you are ready to checkout, simply get a tally ticket prepared by anyone wearing a blue apron – these folks will be located at tents beside the retail building. Once your tally sheet is complete, your cart will be taken to the loading area and you will be handed a numbered bin card that corredsponds to a loading bin. Take your tally sheet through to the good folks at the register & pay.
- We accept cash, checks, all major credit cards.
- Proper Planting Workshops! Amanda Wilkins, MBG Curator of Collections, will be conducting workshops each day of the sale — learn proper planting tips so your new plants will thrive at your home. The workshop will be at 1pm on Friday, Saturday & Sunday. Members – $10, Nonmembers – $20. Buy your ticket online or purchase at the Cashiers area on the day you arrive.
- Plants and More! In addition to a great selection of plants to choose from – you can also purchase Shore Acres Soil Mix, Worm Castings, and Longleaf Pinestraw bales. The good folks from Perdido Vineyards will be on-hand to sell their array of products (preserves, pickles, mustards, vinegars). You can also find beautiful botanical art for sale by artists!
Once you’ve paid, & you’re ready to go, proceed to your car (ride the shuttle or walk) – then drive your car through the loading lines to have your plants loaded from the numbered bin.