Intimate, natural, beautiful in every season, Mobile Botanical Gardens is the perfect setting for your next event.
MBG Botanical Center
Currently available for Weddings, Receptions and Parties Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays. (Saturday rentals take priority)
Our Botanical Center, renovated in 2014, is a rustic building featuring a split cedar shake roof. Inside, the artist-rendered acid stained concrete floor mimics the native Alabama stones used in the surrounding gardens. Exposed beams and ceiling fans complement the lodge-like feel of the large open space. Interior colors are soft gray, warm browns and white trims. The 30 x 70ft space is lit by track lighting and decorative white lights.
Windows along the side walls give views of the surrounding gardens. French doors open to the Woolford Plaza and Fountain on the north side, overlooking the ReBloom Garden. The doors on the south side opens to the Herb Garden.
For detailed information about rates, policies, and recommended caterers, please view our 2017 Event Rental Information.
- Beautiful setting and facilities updated in 2014
- Venue management by Dees Design House LLC
- Setup/Takedown of tables & facility chairs
- Cleaning fee included
- Parking/Security attendant
- Event Tables provided:
- 1 rectangular size 14ft x 33in
- 16 rectangular size 6ft x 30in
- 6 rectangular size 8ft x 30in
- 7 round size 5ft diameter
- 100 gray chairs (indoor use only)
- White Event Chairs available @ additional $2.50 each
- Bistro Tables size 3ft diameter – 7 available @ $10 each
- Track lighting and decorative white lights
- Italian lights over Plaza
- French doors and two end doors opening to the Woolford Plaza on the north side
- French doors and two end doors opening to the Herb Garden on the south side
- White brick fireplace
- Room size is 2100 sq ft (30ft x 70ft)
- Occupancy is 150 standing/ 100 seated
- There is NO SMOKING policy for all our buildings and grounds
Rental includes use of the following facilities:
- Botanical Center : full kitchen with double stainless steel sinck, full size refridgerator, conventional stove, and microwave. Restrooms
- Catering kitchen with commercial refridgerator, two warming ovens, stainless steel commercial sink, hand was sink, prep areas, ice machine, microvave and rear parking access. Restrooms with outdoor access nearby.
Saturday & Holiday Venue Rental – $2,750
Weekday & Sunday Venue Rental – $2,200
- Saturday Rentals take priority
- No rentals less than 3 months out
- Staff lead facility showings are only available by appointment Monday-Thursday and are subject to staff availability and weather.
Rental fee includes Cleaning Fee and Parking Services. Access to the venue is charged at an hourly rate of $25/hour in addition to the venue rental rate.
Rental fee includes use of the following garden areas: Botanical Center, Botanical Center Plaza and Piff Garden, Pollinator Garden, Ceremony Lawn, Herb Garden, and Rhododendron Garden Circle of Columns. MBG is closed to events on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Thanksgiving weekend.
Special event insurance coverage (Required if alcohol is served) must be provided 30 days prior to event date.
MBG has an approved list of Caterers from which you may choose. Caterers not shown on this list are not permitted to cater on site at Mobile Botanical Gardens unless EXPRESS WRITTEN PERMISSION is provided in advance by Mobile Botanical Garden’s Executive Director.
A refundable deposit equal to 50% of the rental fee is required to hold your date – this will be refunded less any charge for damages after the event as per the event contract.
50% of the rental fee is due 90 days prior to the event, with the balance due 30 days prior to the event
Please contact our Venue Manager, Erika Turner, at (251)404-1469 or email for availability, tour of the facilities and planning information.